EOI is seeking a full time, highly motivated, and ambitious EHS technician to be an integral part of our safety and compliance services team. The EHS Technician is responsible for completing tasks associated with regulatory compliance consulting at a client mining facility based in Fredericktown, Missouri.
Position will be based at a client’s mining headquarters located in Fredericktown, Missouri.
· Managing all safety & environmental records on company via SharePoint;
· Identifying conditions which may lead to a permit/regulatory violation;
· Assisting with regulatory compliance inspections/tours;
· Other duties as identified by Senior Director of Compliance or Senior Field Project Manager.
· Performing Onsite Safety Inspections and audits;
· Recommending employee coaching, developing corrective action plans and disciplinary action for violations found by both internal and external sources;
· Providing Safety Training and Corrective Actions for onsite employees;
· Managing Workman’s Comp Program and incident investigation;
· Reviewing and updating EOI written safety programs;
· Interpreting MSHA standards as they apply to EOI employees;
· Implementing MSHA updates into the Health & Safety (H&S) Plans;
· Establishing training for new employees to educate and enforce Health and Safety policies;
· Monitoring job site employee exposure levels;
· Reviewing and writing H&S Plans;
· May assist in safety initiatives or tasks as assigned by corporate EOI Safety Team.
Water Permit Duties
· Weekly and monthly storm water sampling;
· Assisting with groundwater sampling events;
· Weekly construction BMP inspections;
· Inspection of permitted control features;
· Managing weather station and collection of readings;
· Keeping SWPPP maps and SWPPP plan up to date;
· Keeping SPCC maps and SPCC plan up to date;
· Completing eDMRs for the site.
· Ensuring all waste is handled appropriately;
· Ensuring all new wastes are analyzed and profiled appropriately;
· Keeping track of all wastes and disposal methods on a master spreadsheet;
· Maintaining all waste manifests;
· Preparing annual waste reports.
· 1+ years of experience with environmental compliance related duties, preferred;
· 2+ years of experience with safety management including plan and initiative development, preferred;
· Familiarity with OSHA and MSHA regulations;
· Familiarity with Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act and RCRA regulations;
· 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER and 30-hour MSHA certification a plus;
· Familiarity with federal and state reporting procedures and systems, preferred;
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word, and SharePoint;
· Ability to pass a physical and drug test.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
· Expense reimbursement
· Competitive vacation package
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Life
· Cellular phone compensation
· Compensation for ongoing training and licensing requirements
· On-site company vehicle usage