Regional, growth-oriented firm providing turnkey consulting and contracting services in the environmental consulting and remediation fields is seeking a full time, experienced, highly motivated, and ambitious Certified Industrial Hygienist CIH, Certified Safety Professional (CSP) to manage and grow our Environmental/Industrial Hygiene (E/IH) and Safety Department. The position will be leading an experienced staff of licensed Asbestos and Lead Inspectors and Supervisors, and E/IH and Safety Technicians. This position includes Senior leadership of our corporate health and safety program. Additionally, this position is responsible for working cross functionally with other roles in the corporation, manufacturing, client installation, quality, engineering, and transportation.
This position will be required to conduct business development and procure work for the department. Activities will also include proposal preparation, senior oversight of projects, and management of senior level project managers. Functions also include maintaining budgets and assisting with invoicing.
The position requires at least five (5) years of management experience in the E/IHS field. Knowledge related to ACM and LBP inspections is preferred. Exceptional client communication and project management skills are required.
Position will be based out of our St. Louis, MO company headquarters with a nationwide business development focus.
- Procure work for Industrial Hygiene and Safety Department
- Bid and prepare project proposals
- Senior review of PM proposals
- Delegation of senior project management activities
- Management of job costs review, invoicing, and project schedules
- Senior review of all department deliverables
- Manage subcontractors as needed
- Assist in overall strategic vision and growth of the department
- Leadership development of reporting personnel
- Overseeing workers’ compensation claim management
- Will assist safety technicians in managing the Corporate Safety Program, which includes reviewing safety programs and plans developed by project managers.
- Certified Industrial Hygienists (CIH) and Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certifications, required
- Minimum of five (5) years management experience
- Minimum of 10 years of Industrial Hygiene, building science and safety experience in consulting environments
- Knowledge of OSHA standards, required
- Knowledge of MSHA standards
- Working experience with Missouri and Illinois environmental regulatory agencies
- Ability to compose reports and present to all levels of client management
- Highly motivated, confident, and ambitious with a commitment to quality
- Effective analytic, written and oral communications skills
- Current Missouri and Illinois asbestos and lead certification for supervisor, inspector, and air sampling professional, preferred
- Current 40 Hr. HAZWOPER certification, preferred
- Competitive salary depending on level of experience
- Competitive PTO package
- Full benefits including 401k and health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance are offered.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.