Environmental Health and Safety Lead Technician
Mayco Industries, 1200 16th St, Granite City, IL 62040
401K, Dental, Medical, Vision
One week paid vacation, four PTO days
What is the role?
Environmental Operations, Inc. has a position available as a field Lead EHS Technician in the Environmental Health and Safety Department. This position will provide excellent training, experience and opportunities for growth. The position will provide full time client support for a facility in Granite City, Illinois. This position will assist in achieving both regulatory and company goals for protecting human health and the environment.
This position will provide the client with:
- Daily management of uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE) distribution;
- Daily maintenance of visitor PPE and lab coats;
- Daily inspection and removal of all plant hazardous waste containers to the Hazardous Waste Accumulation area as required;
- Daily cleaning and decontamination of hydration stations;
- Weekly clean and inspect all eye wash and safety showers and refill if required;
- Weekly assist with the receipt of employee uniforms;
- Weekly complete and manage purchase of standard PPE inventory;
- Weekly pick up and replace shower sign-off logs and submit to Mayco for review;
- Weekly complete Hazardous Waste inspection;
- Monthly inspect emergency lighting fixtures and report status;
- Monthly inspect fire extinguishers for serviceability;
- Monthly replace filters in Air Shower Booth;
- Complete snow and ice control measures as needed, and;
- Manage and assist EHS Technician as needed.
This role includes a competitive benefits package include health, dental and PTO. This position will include training for the following certifications prior to commencing role:
- HAZWOPER 40-hour training
- RCRA Hazardous Waste training
- DOT HAZMAT training
- Lead and Arsenic Awareness training
- First Aid / CPR training
- Annual Medical Evaluation
In order to qualify for this position, candidates will possess:
- At least 1 year of experience in EHS field
- Ability to manage time efficiently and without supervision.
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Capable of working outdoors in cold or hot conditions.
- Capable of carrying 50 lbs. of equipment over rough terrain and stairs.
- Ability to stand for extended periods and walk long distances.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Candidates will be subject to random drug screening
Based on the nature of the role, candidates must be available for flexible working hours (including early morning start times, and occasional night and weekend shifts).
This is an outstanding opportunity to gain hands-on experience in and to start a career with an organization committed to your ongoing development!
Qualified applicants should apply through this page or send resumes by email to joeg [at] environmentalops.com.