Environmental Operations, Inc. (EOI) is a trusted partner in turnkey and specialized environmental services. Providing client focused solutions by integrating the skills of our operational and technical specialist to offer a level of expertise unmatched by others.
EOI’s leadership model is based on trust and open communication through establishing goals, empowering employees, and recognition of achievements. Our goal is to hire, promote, and retain top talent, achieving each employee’s maximum potential and thereby advancing EOI excellence.
EOI is seeking a full time, highly motivated, and ambitious Field Technician to be an integral part of our Industrial Hygiene services team. The Field Technician is responsible for performing inspections and oversight related to environmental health and industrial hygiene services. The primary function of this role is to preform sampling activities related to asbestos, lead and mold; analyze and prepare reports documenting sampling results; preform oversight of abatement activities; and sampling indoor air quality (IAQ) in collaboration with Industrial Hygienists (IH), Project Managers (PMs), Specialists and Phase II Technicians. This position also includes interdepartmental activities associated with Phase II site investigation and remediation sampling activities focusing on vapor, soil and groundwater sampling.
Position will be based out of our St. Louis, MO company headquarters with a nationwide business development focus.
(40%) Performs oversight for IDOT projects by acting as subcontractor and complying with Contractor directives. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Sampling soil, air, and water per project plans;
- Conducting tests to determine the volatility of organic compounds;
- Assisting with decisions regarding soil removal and placement;
- Managing soil manifest for the landfills, tracking soil origin and destination.
(35%) Conduct oversight activities and inspections for site specific projects. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Inspecting project sites for lead, asbestos, mold, indoor air quality, etc.;
- Maintaining field and sampling logs for project sites;
- Preforming third party oversight for abatement projects;
- Collecting air samples for abatement oversight projects;
- Analyzing analytical data;
- Generating report of site inspection sampling results.
(15%) Prepares documentation and reports for review by the project managers. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Preparing boring logs;
- Preparing asbestos and lead-based paint inspection reports
- Preparing daily field and sampling logs;
- Preparing asbestos abatement close-out repots.
(5%) Performs environment sampling and testing for Phase II projects. This work may include, but is not limited to:
- Collecting field readings;
- Collecting air, groundwater, vapors, gases, and soil samples;
- Working with various drilling techniques including hollow-stem augers and direct-push probes, and preparing boring logs;
- Installing and closing groundwater monitoring wells;
- Monitoring worker exposure levels of environmental contaminants at job sites.
- Bachelor’s degree Environmental Science, Engineering, or related, preferred;
- 1 year of experience in environmental consulting, regulatory, or Geotech fields, desired;
- Ability to travel locally to various work sites in designated multi-state territory (20%);
- Flexible work schedule subject to project scope.
- Proficient in technical writing and environmental report generation, required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Expense reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive vacation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Life
- Cellular phone compensation
- Compensation for ongoing training and licensing requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Job functions may be added, deleted, or modified at any time by your management team. Receipt or possession of this job description does not constitute a contract of employment.