EOI is seeking a full time, highly motivated, and ambitious environmental technician to be an integral part of our compliance services team. The Environmental Technician is responsible for completing tasks associated with regulatory compliance consulting and environmental permitting, performing regulatory oversight for industrial hygiene services, and assisting with soil and groundwater investigations. This position will work with a wide range of client facilities from mining to healthcare, including the first Cobalt producing facility in the US. This position does not have any direct reports, but may be responsible for identifying resources, delegating assignments and overseeing project deadlines.
Position will be based out of our St. Louis, MO company headquarters with a nationwide business development focus.
· Learn environmental regulations as it applies to air, waste and water and apply that knowledge to help clients attain environmental compliance.
· Developing environmental compliance plans for clients (SPCC and SWPP);
· Managing project timelines and resources;
· Conducting site visits at client facilities to ensure the client meets current and future regulations;
· Completing regulatory reporting requirements;
· Analyzing results from testing and compiling recommendations for services required to meet compliance standards;
· Working with clients to ensure timelines are met;
· Coordination with labs for obtaining correct sampling media;
· Scheduling and coordination of field work with client;
· Communicating with regulatory agencies as needed;
· Staying up to date on changes to regulatory requirements or reporting requirements;
· Developing and maintaining client relationships;
· Attending department and client meetings as needed;
· Assist project managers with proposal generation;
· Assist other departments as needed.
· Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, or related, required;
· 1+ years of experience in the environmental compliance and/or environmental engineering fields, a plus;
· Familiarity with federal and state reporting procedures and systems, preferred;
· Ability to travel locally to various work sites in designated multi-state territory (35%);
· Flexible work schedule subject to project scope.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
· Expense reimbursement
· Flexible work schedule
· Competitive vacation package
· Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Flexible Spending Accounts, LTD, and Life
· Cellular phone compensation
· Compensation for ongoing training and licensing requirements